It's the little things that really make your day feel special.
Today, i'm happy for the fact that I got six and a half hours of sleep!
With a one month old, that truely is an accomplishment.
Yes, the sleep was not consecutive, the routine nursing & diaper changing tend to split up sleep but hey, i'll take what i can get these days!
I'm happy that my fiance, Andrew, came home from work early yesterday, giving me a break from Luke's alter-ego, demon baby (you know, the one with the glowing red eyes, ear-piercing cry even after a bath, full belly, a good burb, fresh diaper & clean clothes...whew!).
Best part about this moment?
Spending time together as a family of three
(well, five if you count the doggies Pekoe & Mya!)
And of course, making Brenner (Breakfast for dinner, a duh!) with my man
while listening to Marvin Gaye.
Oh how I love banana pancakes for dinner!
The Okay I got from doctor two days ago to start working out again in TWO MORE WEEKS!!!
I can't wait to start loosing this baby weight (and quit drooling over my skinny jeans that have been collecting dust for the past 9 months...oh, how sad!)
I'm planning on breaking out my yoga mat, which got some use while I was pregnant, but i think it would like a bit more devoted attention.
Okay yoga mat, I hear you, I hear you!
And finally, today i'm happy about the simple idea of spending time at home with my son.
I get to hear his little squeeks and coos, look into his bright blue eyes, and read him Harry Potter, Winnie the Pooh and Curious George.
So when I want to freak out at one of the dogs for peeing on the rug...again, I'm making a pact with myself to remember the sweet little moments.
♥
Rae
No comments:
Post a Comment