The amazing thing about baby boys, is that they have immpeciable aim. This fact is something that, unfortunatly, i had to learn the hard way.
As soon as that diaper comes off, you better be quick and i mean like lightening, least you get sprayed by the out-of-control baby hose. Normally, i'm pretty good at this. I get my wipe ready and put the clean diaper right under the old one so i can do a super quick, out with the old in with the new diaper change. It's normally my fiance that seems to get hit by the unwelcome pee-stream.
SO you can imagine my horror when, last week, I was changing Luke in bed (not the best idea but i was tired and lazy at the time) when I was suddenly struck square in the face with the fabled baby pee direct shot.
I was so shocked that it took me a good few seconds to cover him up, by which time he'd already soaked half of my bed. Rats.
I think I had let myself become too over confident in my diaper changing skills and over-looked the cardinal rule: stay alert. I had failed my stay in bed and go right back to sleep mission. I ended up having to get up and wash my now defeated sheets (and self).
In moments like this, I try to remind myself not to cry.
Does crying while you're laughing count?
♥
Rae
No comments:
Post a Comment